Andrew G. Truxal Library compiles monthly a bibliography for the The Guild for L.I.F.E. to accompany members to their trips and/or tours. Each month the Guild for Life visits museums, parks, gardens, art galleries and factories from the Mid-Atlantic region. For more information, please visit: The Guild for Life.
This archive of past trips is a great resource to identify special places to visit in our region. Browse by year to to see trips that are all day trips from AACC.
The Smithsonian Museum of American History is located on the National Mall, in Constitution Avenue NW and 14th Street, Washington D. C.
Mount Clare is the 1760s Georgian home of early Maryland politician and patriot, Charles Carroll, Barrister.
The Pentagon, located in Arlington County, Virginia, was designed as building by George Bergstrom (American Architect); and it is the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense.
The Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America is located on Quincy Street on Northeast Washington, D. C. The Monastery includes several shrines, archives and a library. The monastery and the Memorial Church are listed on the on the National Register of Historic Places.
Boordy Vineyards in Hydes, Maryland opened in 1945.
The Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, is located in Anacostia and it contains the house that Douglass, prominent African American abolitionist, called Cedar Hill. Frederick Douglass lived in Cedar Hill from 1877 to 1895.
Moores Candies Inc is located at 3004 Pinewood Ave in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Guild for life visited two collections this month: Those of the Phillips Collection has many thousands of work of French impressionism and American modernism and the Anderson House.
The Anderson House was the former residence of Ambassador Larz Anderson and his wife and their residence, visited by the elite of the United States had an extensive collection from the Anderson's trips abroad.
Hillwood Estate, located in Washingon, D.C., was the house of philanthropist and collector Marjorie Merriweather Post. The Estate is known for a large collection of French art and decorative items of the House of the Romanov.
Library photo courtesy of Barry Halkin Photography