Overview and Service Alerts
STYLESHEET THIS PAGE ONLY - DO NOT REMOVE OR CHANGE GUIDE LAYOUT
AACC & Truxal Library access updates
AACC is actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and adjusting services as necessary.
AACC is now operating both face-to-face and online. Check the college's website and campus alerts for updates. For the latest information about Truxal Library services, bookmark this page.
Semester due date: May 23
Remember, if you borrowed a laptop, webcam, or other device for the spring semester, you must return your items (including any chargers or accessories) by Monday, May 23. Students taking summer courses can submit a web form to request extension of their due date. All borrowers should check their MyAACC email for more information. Contact email@example.com or 410-777-2238 if you have any questions.
- Building: The library building is open.
- Our current building hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30am to 7pm, and Friday, 10am to 2pm.
- Work spaces, computers, printing, scanner, and stacks are accessible, as well as services at the reference and circulation desks.
- Face masks are currently optional on campus. College policy is subject to change based on local statistics and regulations; please see AACC's Health & Safety page for more details and the latest information.
- Online services: Staff have expanded remote library services, which are available to all patrons. These include reference, instruction, and interlibrary loan of digital materials, among others. See the "Get Help" box below.
- "Remote" means that library staff are available by chat, email, text, phone, and other methods that don't involve face-to-face communication.
- Online services from AACC library staff are available Monday through Friday; details are on the calendar below.
- When AACC staff are offline, you can get live chat help from an international cooperative of librarians – 24 hours a day!
- Online databases: Access to the library's databases and other online resources is now available using your MyAACC username and password.
- Library databases can be accessed from anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are a community member without a MyAACC account, you may still log in with your Truxal library card number.
- Book drops: Books and media items may be returned to either of the library's exterior book drops at any time. A book drop slot can be found on the wall outside each entrance to the library.
- Laptops, tablets, and other fragile items must be returned directly to a staff member at the circulation desk or the Technical Service Desk (CRSC 108). If you received your items by home delivery, you may use the provided UPS label to ship them back. Items picked up at AMIL or GBTC may be returned to staff at those locations. Do not return fragile items to book drops.
- Work-study positions: The library's Circulation Department is currently accepting applications for employment from students who have a 2022-23 work-study grant from the Financial Aid Office. To learn more, contact the circulation department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students taking summer classes may be eligible to begin work as early as July 1.
As this situation is evolving daily, all information is subject to change without notice. We will update this page in as timely a manner as possible if any changes are needed. Last updated: 02/07/2023.
More ways to get in touch
Online library resources
All of the following are available online, 24 hours a day:
The college has a limited number of devices available to support students with online learning:
- To borrow a webcam, students should come directly to the circulation desk on the second floor of Truxal Library. (If you are a distance student who cannot come to campus, contact email@example.com to inquire.)
- For laptops, a user contract is required; contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your MyAACC email to start the process.
- To reduce your wait time, please complete a contract and await notice that a laptop is ready for pickup before visiting the desk.
If your course or a program in which you participate has additional devices available, your instructor or a program staff member will inform you.
The college has worked to make a limited number of laptops, wi-fi hotspots, external webcams, and headsets with microphones available for students to borrow for the duration of their course/s. Borrowed items will be shipped to students, and a return shipping label will be provided.
If you're in need of a device, contact email@example.com from your MyAACC email. Be sure to monitor your account as additional action will be required.
Current operating hours
Though the library building is closed, staff are currently offering chat help and monitoring other forms of communication during the hours listed. These hours are subject to change without notice.Note that any time the college is closed for safety reasons, the library is also closed. Please pay attention to all AACC campus alerts.
Note: sidewalk pickup and return services are available by appointment only. If you requested materials, see your AACC email to make an appointment.
Note that there are operating hours for both in-person (building) and virtual (remote) services.