Click on the links below to search for criticism and interpretation of literary works, as well as biographical information about authors. To access databases from off-campus, you will need to enter the barcode number from the back of your Truxal Library card or AACC photo ID.
- Literature Resource Center
- Literature Criticism Online
- Bloom's Literary Criticism
- MagillOnLiterature Plus
- Project MUSE
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences Collections
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- ABC-CLIO eBook Collection
- Oxford African American Studies Center
- Contemporary Women's Issues
Use this databases for general background information and to define unfamiliar words and phrases:
To further research historical context of literary works, use:
Use these databases to broaden your search:
Searching for Full Text
Search the Library Catalog for the following reference titles that contain material about Trifles. These titles may be available in other college or public libraries.
- American Writers [supl 3, part 1]
- Contemporary Authors [vol 154]
- Critical Survey of Drama [vol 3]
- Dictionary of Literary Biography, Volume 7: Twentieth-Century American Dramatists [part 1]
- Drama Criticism [vol 10]
- Drama for Students [vol 8]
- Masterplots II: Women's Literature Series [vol 5]
- Twentieth-Century Literature Criticism (TCLC) - Contains passages from literary criticism originally published in books and journals
- [vols 55, 175] - check under Trifles in the Cumulative Title Index, a separate paperback index that accompanies this multi-volume work
- [vol 94] - locate the topical essay "Women in Modern Literature"
You might find the following eBooks useful for researching Trifles. If not on campus, you will need to enter the barcode number from the back of your AACC photo ID or Truxal Library card to access these resources.
If we can further assist you in your search for information, please drop by the reference desk or contact reference staff at 410-777-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MLA-style and APA-style guidelines have changed recently, especially for citing sources accessed electronically. For the most up-to-date information about how to cite sources correctly, visit these pages:
Using a citation generator from a database or website?
Doublecheck to be sure the generator has used the current rules.