Skip to main content
Click on the links below to search for criticism and interpretation of literary works, as well as biographical information about authors. To access databases from off-campus, you will need to enter the barcode number from the back of your Truxal Library card or AACC photo ID.
Use this database for general background information and to define unfamiliar words and phrases:
To further research historical context of literary works, use:
Use these databases to broaden your search:
Search the Library Catalog for the following reference titles that contain material about Roddy Doyle and/or A Star Called Henry. These titles may be available in other college or public libraries.
- A Companion to the British and Irish Novel, 1945-2000
- Conflict in Northern Ireland: An Encyclopedia
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (CLC) - Contains passages from literary criticism originally published in books and journals
- [vols 81, 178] - check under Star Called Henry in the Cumulative Title Index, a separate paperback index that accompanies this multi-volume work
- Contemporary Novelists
- Magill's Literary Annual 2000 [vol 2]
Books & Audio/Visual Materials
Search the Library Catalog for the following selected titles:
- Agony at Easter: The 1916 Irish Uprising, Thomas M. Coffey, 1971
- The Damnable Question: A Study in Anglo-Irish Relations, George Dangerfield, 1976
- Dublin Castle and the 1916 Rising, León O'Broin, 1971
- Dublin, 1916, Roger McHugh, ed, 1966
- Irish Writers on Writing, Eavan Boland, ed, 2007
- Leaders and Men of the Easter Rising: Dublin 1916, F. X. Martin, ed, 1967
- No Mean City?: The Image of Dublin in the Novels of Dermot Bolger, Roddy Doyle, and Val Mulkerns, Ulrike Paschel, 1998
- Out of the Lion's Paw, Ireland Wins her Freedom, Constantine FitzGibbon, 1969
- Reading Roddy Doyle, Carmine White, 2001
- Roddy Doyle: The Essential Guide to Contemporary Literature, Margaret Reynolds and Johathan Noakes, 2004
- Roddy Doyle: Raining on the Parade, Dermont McCarthy, 2003
MLA-style and APA-style guidelines have changed recently, especially for citing sources accessed electronically. For the most up-to-date information about how to cite sources correctly, visit these pages:
Using a citation generator from a database or website?
Doublecheck to be sure the generator has used the current rules.
Library photo courtesy of Barry Halkin Photography