Skip to main content
Click on the links below to search for criticism and interpretation of literary works, as well as biographical information about authors. To access databases from off-campus, you will need to enter the barcode number from the back of your Truxal Library card or AACC photo ID.
Use this database for general background information and to define unfamiliar words and phrases:
To further research historical context of literary works, use:
Use these databases to broaden your search:
Read or Search Cather's My Ántonia Online
Full text of Cather's My Ántonia is available on the Web at:
Print copies are also available in Truxal Library.
Search the Library Catalog for the following reference titles that contain material about Willa Cather's My Ántonia. These titles may be available in other college or public libraries.
- American Diversity, American Identity: The Lives and Works of 145 Writers Who Define the American Experience
- American Writers [vol 1]
- American Women Writers [vol 1]
- Contemporary Authors [vols 104, 128]
- Cyclopedia of World Authors [vol 1]
- Cyclopedia of Literary Characters [vol 3]
- Cyclopedia of Literary Places [vol 2]
- Encyclopedia of American Social History
- Encyclopedia of World Literature in the 20th Century
- Great Lives from History: American Women Series
- Masterplots [vol 7]
- Masterplots II: Women's Literature Series [vol 4]
- Modern American Literature [vols 1, 4, 5, 6]
- Modern American Women Writers
- Notable American Novelists [vol 1]
- Novels for Students [vol 2]
- A Reader's Companion to the Fiction of Willa Cather
- Twentieth Century Literary Criticism (TCLC) - Contains passages from literary criticism originally published in books and journals
- [vols 1, 11, 31, 99, 132, 152] - check under My Ántonia in the Cumulative Title Index, a separate paperback index that accompanies this multi-volume work
- [vol 28] - locate the topical essay "The American Frontier in Literature"
- [vol 50] - locate the topical essay "Madness in Twentieth-Century Literature"
- [vol 82] - locate the topical essay "Sex in Literature"
- [vol 94] - locate the topical essay "Women in Modern Literature"
- [vol 132] - locate the "Special Commissioned Entry on Willa Cather"
- [vol 182] - locate the topical essay "American Literary Naturalism"
- [vol 206] - locate the topical essay "American Immigrant Literature"
Books & Audio/Visual Materials
Conduct a "Subject Browse" search using the Library Catalog for either:
library materials that provide biographical information about Willa Cather, as well criticism and interpretation of her work.
You might find the following eBooks useful for researching My Ántonia. If
not on campus, you will need to enter the barcode number from the back
of your AACC photo ID or Truxal Library card to access these resources.
MLA-style and APA-style guidelines have changed recently, especially for citing sources accessed electronically. For the most up-to-date information about how to cite sources correctly, visit these pages:
Using a citation generator from a database or website?
Doublecheck to be sure the generator has used the current rules.
Library photo courtesy of Barry Halkin Photography