Skip to main content
Click on the links below to search for criticism and interpretation of literary works, as well as biographical information about authors. To access databases from off-campus, you will need to enter the barcode number from the back of your Truxal Library card or AACC photo ID.
Use this database for general background information and to define unfamiliar words and phrases:
To further research historical context of literary works, use:
Use these databases to broaden your search:
Please note that Erich Maria Remarque's All Quiet on the Western Front may be listed by its original German title, Im Westen nichts Neues.
You might find the following eBooks useful for researching All Quiet on the Western Front. If not on campus, you
will need to enter the barcode number from the back of your AACC photo
ID or Truxal Library card to access these resources.
Search the Library Catalog for the following reference titles that contain material about Remarque's All Quiet on the Western Front. These titles may be available in other college or public libraries.
- Atlas for the Great War
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (CLC) - Contains passages from literary criticism originally published in books and journals
- [vol 21] - look for Im Westen nichts Neues in the Cumulative Title Index, a separate paperback index that accompanies this multi-volume work
- Cyclopedia of Literary Characters [vol 1]
- Cyclopedia of Literary Places [vol 1]
- Cyclopedia of World Authors [vol 3]
- The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film
- Literature and Its Times [vol 3]
- Masterplots [vol 1]
- Novels for Students [vol 4]
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism (TCLC) - Contains passages from literary criticism originally published in books and journals
- [vol 34] - locate the topical essay "World War I Literature"
- [vol 154] - locate the topical essay "Censorship in Twentieth-Century Literature"
- World Authors [vol 3]
Books & Audio/Visual Materials
Conduct a "Subject Browse" search using the Library Catalog for either:
Remarque, Enrich Maria
World War, 1914-1918--Literature and the war
You'll find library materials that provide biographical information about Enrich Remarque, as well criticism and interpretation of his work.
MLA-style and APA-style guidelines have changed recently, especially for citing sources accessed electronically. For the most up-to-date information about how to cite sources correctly, visit these pages:
Using a citation generator from a database or website?
Doublecheck to be sure the generator has used the current rules.
Library photo courtesy of Barry Halkin Photography